Have you ever wondered seeing so many followers for certain brands on social media? How do they get so many followers on social media? Most of our guess predicts to unique and engaging content by which users get engaged, more than that what users get attracted is the content by user themselves as they have real time experience using the product/service.
now let us look how user generated content can drive traffic and improve marketing of your applications.
User Generated Content (UGC) can be defined as any type of content that has been put up by the user with no payment made to contributors. It may include text, images, videos or testimonials and many more.
Let us go through an example where user generated content helped in marketing of the brand to a greater extent. One of the great examples is the Starbucks’ White Cup Contest. Customers were asked to doodle on their Starbucks cup and submit pictures on Instagram or Twitter as entries. The winning entry became the template for a limited edition Starbucks cup. In just three weeks, 4,000 customers had submitted entries. The creative contest earned Starbucks a lot of publicity and demonstrated that the company values customer input.
Still not getting a clear picture of how it goes? Here are some statistics which gives you clear insights.
- 76% of social media users think UGC is more trustworthy than branded content.
- 86% of millennials say that UGC is a good indicator of the quality of a brand.
- UGC-based ads get 4x higher click-through rates and a 50% drop in cost-per-click than average.
- Brand engagement increases an average of 28% when users are exposed to a combination of user created product videos and professional content.
- Consumers between the ages of 25-54 create and share 70% of all UGC.
- 93% of consumers find UGC to be helpful when making a purchasing decision.
- 87% of brands use UGC in order to share “authentic content” and 72% believe (correctly) that it helps them engage their audience.
- Sites with featured UGC saw a 20% increase in return visitors and up to a 90% increase on the time spent on the site.
- 70% of consumers trust online peer reviews and recommendations more than professional content and copy.
The Need of Mobile Applications in Today’s Business Era
The customers in today’s world are on the move and using mobile application platforms to get there.You need to understand that mobile apps allow customers to have all your information on their fingertips.Read More
'Digital Unicorn' Is The Upcoming Big Marketing Hire You Need To Cause
If a question arises, what is the next trend within Digital Marketing? The answer would be simply: Digital Unicorn. If you’re not familiar with this term, it is someone with public relations background but a firm grip on digital.Read More
Secrets of Procuring a Social Influencer's Attention
To draw an influencer’s attention is not as easy as one would think. If you want to win the heart of an influencer in your niche you need to show up and be seen among other stuffs which we will get to in a minute.Read More
Is your business in need of Artificial intelligence? Look how it helps you in staying ahead.
The Merriam Webster defines Artificial Intelligence – ‘as a branch of computer science, dealing with the simulation of intelligent behavior in computers.’Read More
Get a Free Quote
Need a free quote or more information on our marketing database? Hit the button belowSend me a free quote
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Signup for our Newsletter that delivers the latest articles, blogs and industry trends.